(POW) make the server more interesting

All done or invalid suggestions are here.

Moderator: CostyKiller

jeroen

(POW) make the server more interesting

Post by jeroen »

Hello,

My progress and thoughts

So I just started playing on this server a few days ago. The reason? because the retail server owned by ncsoft is unplayable without spending 100 if not 1000's of dollars/euros.

after I followed tarti's questline and hit 85-95 and 100 I hit a big issue. Whats next? I met some friendly folks that gave me R99 gear and some enchant scrolls so I could get it +10. they got these scrolls from an event. what would I have done without them? spend a week farming enough money in the blazing swamp to buy a set of R99 gear?
After i got my gear: i got a talisman hellfire, some str +4 dyes, some lvl 6 soul crystals and went farming in tanor canyon and hit lvl 105. got my duallclass and got some bonus skills.

so whats next? I have no clue. All other farm zones are to difficult to solo. There are not enough players to do real group content and the content we can do is not really rewarding us. (its not just me people in my clan are complaining to)

Suggestions? you might ask.

At the moment it kinda feels like retail but harder. If we want to play retail we would go there.

Make the server more rewarding/fun. right now its just an useless grind for nothing. This is not just me, people in server think the same way. Add custom zones like most high rate servers do but with slower rates. So start with a newbie zone to get R99 gear, next farm some enchant scrolls, dyes and etc everything you need to get to the next zone. (this doesnt need to be super fast. its oke if it takes a day or two but it should be showing you progress.) You got stronger so now you can farm the next zone and farm materials for a talisman or materials you need to upgrade your gear or something like that. These are just examples.

Also make it more rewarding to vote. More votes is more players. Most servers use premium for this. 1 day of voting is 1 or 2 days of premium. Its oke if you dont want to give premium but make it worth it so we get more players.

Let's not get started on the donation prices. Players want to pay to help the server but 5 euros for an enchant scrolls? 30 euros for a month of premium? I dont even pay that for television every month.

Change the gmshop. I mean lvl 1 soul crystals? Nobody wants to compound for hours to end up with a lvl 5 soul crystal.

I can keep going and going but this will be all for now. This is pretty much the only mid/low rates server available so make it great and worth playing. I would have made a donation but I'm afraid the server wont survive in this state. otherwhise i would have done it on day one. This is not an attack just advice.

Forum advice

make 2 different forums or sections for POW and H5

My biggest advice for the admin/owner: create a character on your server. Start from scratch and see how far you can get. (No cheating with commands) and see if it is fun to play.

Greetings and much love <3 Jeroen :)
Saint77

Re: (POW) make the server more interesting

Post by Saint77 »

Life is simple: you like the server ...you play... you dont like it ...look for one on your liking.
If you want to donate...go ahead, server has 10 monts and its not the tipical "2 weeks" servers that are arround.
I played here for couple years now...on hi5 before.
When it started I didnt have those "friends" to help me with gear and now I'm top player. You can do it too, I have faith in you :)
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

Hi! I want to change a bit the gmshop and coinshop, and I like the idea with premium for voting so I might add that. About the server life, you don't have to worry I had the server online even when were no players at all.
Rionaxe

Post by Rionaxe »

I have seen many complaints on the forum, coming from new players, but i haven`t seen them neither online, nor farming 24/7. They want to have everything done in a month. I have been active on this server since it was first launched and i started from zero. How did i manage to reach this lvl? I did it trough endless days of farming, by nothing and lately, through donations. There is no reward without hard work. I have been farming for 1 year and i am still farming, and never asked the admin to change something. The privilege to play on this server its mine, not the server.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Although I do agree with Jeroen that there is room for improvement, I don't mind playing on the server as it is.

From my point of view "Chapeau" to Costy for providing us with a server to play on :)

I can't play 24/7 but I am online every day, with some exceptions.

I know Costy will do his best to keep the server up to date and as bug-less as possible but I also understand that it takes time to do that and as most of us, he has a job, a family and other things that come first :)

So peace to all, don't get angry and enjoy the game!
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

Improve it as much as possible with new things. Just dont change anything on dragon weapons :)
Btw gainak its not in war anymore, its a bug or they removed on pow? If its removed can you activaded again? Its just fair for newmbies to benefit of it like we did.
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

Gainak siege should be fine now.
jeroen

Post by jeroen »

After playing here for a while I have to say its a decent server.

The only thing I have issues with is the ridiculous prices in the donation store/premium. (Which the admin told me he is working on so that's a good thing) and the gm store could use an update.

And the fact that raidbosses like fafurion/antharas and etc can be killed by a single player. This should be group content or the spawn time should be lower by a lot so more ppl can do it.

More I wouldn't change. Maybe a custom farm zone for blue Eva. So people can get weapon enhancement stones without raidbosses like antharas.

All by all its a good server and it has a friendly owner.
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

I will change a bit the blue Eva system and also the way to obtain it.
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

jeroen wrote: 18 Sep 2020 12:50 After playing here for a while I have to say its a decent server.

The only thing I have issues with is the ridiculous prices in the donation store/premium. (Which the admin told me he is working on so that's a good thing) and the gm store could use an update.

And the fact that raidbosses like fafurion/antharas and etc can be killed by a single player. This should be group content or the spawn time should be lower by a lot so more ppl can do it.

More I wouldn't change. Maybe a custom farm zone for blue Eva. So people can get weapon enhancement stones without raidbosses like antharas.

All by all its a good server and it has a friendly owner.
You can get bloody weapon stone in game without killing high epics, just know the game that you are playing. Epics works just fine, No one will step aside for you to kill them.
Why all newmbies think about epics when they are 4 monts away to be able to kill them?!?
I'm not playing to teach others how to play.... You speak about epics and you havent seen one in this server.