[FIXED] Killer Lag!

All fixed or invalid bug reports are here.

Moderator: CostyKiller

WillowBee

[FIXED] Killer Lag!

Post by WillowBee »

Subject says it all. Really horrible lag and I know it's not just me or my client because my husband is playing on the other side of the world and we're experiencing exactly the same lag at exactly the same times. My 2 clients just lagged so bad I had to crash them out with Task Manager and now I can't get logged back in.
WillowBee

Re: Killer Lag!

Post by WillowBee »

Finally got logged back in only to disconnect again within 5 minutes :'(
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

The lag starts at around 7pm UTC everyday, and just gets worse and worse until restart, after restart, it is fine again until that time. Once it gets to around 9pm UTC, the server is completely unplayable.
The lag is throwing off the Geodata, we were heading down to Kariks, on the opposite side of the corridor and the Drake Lord RB agro'd through the wall from the opposite side and teleported through. When it's not lagging, I can run past the wall next to his cave with no problem. Other mobs you can see going through the floor and walls as the lag gets worse.
Also when the lag starts to get really bad, it is throwing off skills, such as using 'lure' when you have Dance of Shadows on should only pull 1 mob, with the lag, it's pulling a whole pack.

It would seem that either there is something on the hardware side that is happening around that time, or possibly something is spawning that is causing the DB to lag out and de-sync.
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

I need to check it, as a temp fix I will add a second restart around that time you said.
erotixxx

Post by erotixxx »

Cant you restart server now Costy? more than 3 hours untill restart, and its impossible to play as it is. Cant do nothing, even walking in town is an issue :(
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

I added Temp autorestart at 21 eest, but you need to check if you have siege at during that time and change start hour.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

We didnt see any restart today Costy, and the lag is starting to get bad as always.
erotixxx

Post by erotixxx »

I havent seen any restart today also...and as Storm said, lag is getting really bad. Restart server as soon as possible please.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Still no restart again today.