NEW FARFURION SERVER SUGGESTIONS

All done or invalid suggestions are here.

Moderator: CostyKiller

CostyKiller
Site Admin

NEW FARFURION SERVER SUGGESTIONS

Post by CostyKiller »

Hello everyone! I decided to open another server with last game version, and need some info and suggestions from you to make it like a dream server.

First of all, I will start porting all H5 custom things on this one and after that I will make the necessary adjustments to fit the new content.

Second I think that a high rate pvp server will attract new players in the community so my opinion is to make it high rate.

Please don't hesitate to lay down your ideas.
Tyr

Re: NEW FARFURION SERVER SUGGESTIONS

Post by Tyr »

From my experience, when it comes to high-rate, it usually ends up after few weeks/months.
On most servers the scenario was pretty much the same:
- server start, many new players
- 2-3 weeks of power gaming in order to get top equipment and such
- 2-3 weeks of PvP'ing, since there's nothing else to do
- players start to left to new server for new challenges.
Maybe it's just me, but this is how I feel high-rates works.

In my opinion, mid rate server (something like x40-x100, since with newest patch grinding went up high) where you have to get everything alone would be the best setup. In that case everyone would have something to do (and there's lots of things to do).

It's just my opinion.

PS. The idea is awesome! There're not many servers on that chronicle.
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

For me after hi5 lineage become to complicated for my old brain. I agree with Tyr high rates have a short life tendency. Its more for migrating people. I love this comunity that we have, we managed to play together for almost 2 years :). Dont know if you are interested but I have played a hi5 with farfurion zone and it was interesting. I was hopping for something new, more low rate where we can enjoy the game couple more years.
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

So you want a mid rate on this new version.... I've been busy today so nothing new added on the server, I will try to make something tonight.
Musashi

Post by Musashi »

Great idea!
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

Hi Costy, do you think you will raise alt+b buffs duration to 2 hours on beta? Just to know if to start an iss or not.
CostyKiller
Site Admin

Post by CostyKiller »

Alt b community is not finished yet, but i think that would be good idea to leave default duration for Buffs, that way ppl will also play support classes.
Also after all is done on test server I will make a wipe.
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

I was thinking the same just that I didnt want it to start ISS if something was changing. Please make that bug report post for people to let you know what needs to be changed. Regards,
Musashi

Post by Musashi »

Hi,
We cannot invent hot water. neither officiall server ppl don't play the iss, but on a 50x server ?! you cannot ask for an impossible thing and we should realize what we can do and what we cannot do.
It is nice to think that people will also play support classes, but only the healer is support now, iss will always be just a box, no matter how many people will play here.

The first problem I found and I find it important is that when I use "nexttarget" I target a party character (unflaged), when I should only target the mobs.

Thx!
Saint77

Post by Saint77 »

I have done my Iss, its good to have it if you play macro away from pc. But when you are active its annoying to log on more box for buff only. Plus I'm thinking that not all the players have a good pc to log endless sessions. To make it short ... Costy please raise the buff time alt+b to 2 hours.
If you can solve next target issue it will be much apreciated.
Regards,